Halfway between the Equator and the North Pole, Cadott is in the heart of Wisconsin’s Vacation Crossroads! Cadott is nestled along the Old Yellowstone Trail. Whether you’re ready for an outdoor adventure, a history lesson, paying tribute to the veterans, homemade Wisconsin cheese, or just passing through, Cadott has something for everyone.
It was named after Jean Baptiste Cadotte, who established a fur trading post there in the early 1830s. The first permanent settler was Robert Marriner, who built a log cabin and the first sawmill in 1865, which was the foundation of Cadott’s early growth.
Just a few of the places you don’t want to miss:
- Riverview Park featuring unique rock formations along the Yellow River
- The Cadott Historical Museum
- Baker School
- Historic ZCBJ Lodge Hall and Bohemian Cemetery
- The Wisconsin Veterans Tribute
- Locally Owned Restaurants
- Yellowstone Cheese