Address: 15th Ave.
Category: Historic Sites / Play + Shop
The First Congregational Church was organized in the public hall at Vanville (later renamed Bloomer) Chippewa County on November 20, 1868. In 1870, lots 4 and 5 of block 4 of the Town of Bloomer were donated by Mr. Samuel Gilbert of Gilbertsville, New York. It was donated as a church site where the 24 X 40 building was constructed by Mr. H.M. Stearns and dedicated on December 7, 1871.