Address: Cty Hwy D
Category: Historic Sites / Play + Shop
Edson Union Cemetery was dedicated in 1887 by Maria and Edson Chubb as a memorial to their only child Joseph. Buried here are Civil War veterans, victims of the 1880 diphtheria epidemic, and Spanish and American War soldiers.
Edson Chubb (1819-1912) was the founder of the Chippewa County town of Edson. He selected this area as a homestead in 1857 and established a settlement that grew to include a sawmill, school, stores, church, and a post office. The community vanished when the railroad bypassed the area.