Address: North of Stanley
Category: Historic Sites / Play + Shop
Saint John the Baptist Orthodox Church is the oldest Orthodox Church building in the state of Wisconsin. Shortly after they arrived from Eastern Europe in 1901, the Carpatho-Russian community settled in this area and began holding church services in their homes.
This church was built in 1906 following the Byzantine style of construction and included a dome with an Orthodox Cross placed on top. The wooden Cross has a metal coating, painted gold.