Address: 130 W. Central St.
First Presbyterian Church is the oldest Protestant Church in the City of Chippewa Falls. It was organized in 1855 by Rev. W. W. McNair. The first services were held in a log cabin 12 x 14 feet, located on the east bank of Duncan Creek just above its junction with the Chippewa River.
In 1858, under the direction of Rev. Bradley Phillips, a new church was built on the present site. Hiram S. Allen donated the land and lumber. Due to growth, Rev. Samuel Brown felt a new church was needed. The old structure was removed, and in 1880 the present structure was built.
In 1889 the Steere and Turner pipe organ was dedicated. It is considered one of the oldest “romantic-voiced” pipe organs in the area and is still in use. The educational unit was dedicated April 14, 1957, with Rev. Allen Van Cleve as pastor.
In the early 1990s, under Pastor Barry Boyer’s leadership, a building and improvement campaign was organized. Landscaping and remodeling were done, making the building more attractive and accessible to the handicap. Since 1858 First Presbyterian Church has played a vital role in the spiritual life of Chippewa Falls.